Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Report 109 (Heist Society review + Report)

Review:

So I finish the Heist Society ( finally), I can say that it had a good point, interesting story, but it wasn't well written, or could have been better. I felt like the author rush to finish the story, there was some points where it didn't make sense at all, where I had to read three time to make sure I was really reading correctly.

The main character, she is a 15 or 16 year old girl ( right there, I don't know her age, I read three different one in the book) but she sounded like she was 30. There was a lot of characters, a lot, and I only knew how they look, who they are only when they actually act their part in the mission.

There was some scene that was so odd, like the main character is sitting down ( with the whole description of the velvet cushion and how old the chair is), but the girl next to her is helping her with the skirt design for the mission. skirt, and she make her twirl and everything! But its really written down that she was sitting down, yet twirling on her butt as the girl is pinning the skirt for modification.

the whole crew for the mission with the main character felt all tense up during the whole book, I felt like, even if they are supposed to know each other since ever, even work together, I felt like I couldn't see their connection, I couldn't feel it, or believe it.

There was also at some point, I wasn't sure if I was reading from the first point of view or the third point of view.

So that's my review. I give 2.5/5  on it. It had great idea, just could have been written better, or took the time to be written better. Spy novels are hard to write, because you have to think about what the reader should know at what point, have great twist and impact, and keeping track of what the reader know at the said point like that you don't give the same twist twice or forget one and it doesn't make sense at the end.

Report 109:

Now I can start study Games of Throne, while ignoring Scott watching the TV show Games of Thrones XD ( just got the blu-ray DVDs)

I also started to watch the TV show Leverage, where its a bunch of thief and hackers that group together to rob evil companies that steals from honest citizen. THAT is my kind of spy movie(the TV show is 44 min long each). Not knowing whats happening until the last minute, trying to figure it out on the side yourself but still  being surprise when your not even close, that's my kind of TV show. I like good mystery that make me hang at the edge of my seat, mouth open, eye wide trying to see everything, trying to figure it out but still shake in anticipation when I was not even close, or it get wurst.

I'm only at the first season, I did some background check and from what I understood, its not the same director after the first season, I think, so I don't know if it would be as good as this season, but I'm looking forward to it.

Two more week until April, the month of hell. Where Scott will be deep in project, I will have Scrip Frenzy AND The A-to-Z (Zed) challenger. I already know what I want to work on for the Scrip Frenzy, I have this idea in my head, I have some of the word and all the characters, but some organization need to be more solid, so I'm working on that  on the side of my brain, letting some piece of the puzzle filling out. BUT I did bought a book from Holly Lisle course ( Create a Culture Clinic) to help me with that. I have a basic understanding, but I don't know HOW to write it down for it to sound that it works. I mean, I basically bullshitting a spy agency for KIDS, if that doesn't make sense, the WHOLE story wont make sense, and that wouldn't be fun. At all.

Anyway, I can't wait to work on it, I learn a lot from my revision and I cant wait to work on it with my new skills. I have a lot to learn about characters, that I know, so I will be taking my time as I study Game of Thrones. I gonna be honest I did cringe when I open the box and saw that it was 700 page or so, and that the text is tiny and barely no white space. I cringe. I'm not proud of it, but I  know I just wanted to thumb through it and go back to my revision as soon as I can, because I hate waiting, I want to work and finish it as fast as I can, but I need to learn its not a race and if I want the best of what I have,  I need to take my time to understand, and see all my mistake and how to fix it, while remembering the good things like that I can apply it to my next novel ( or script).

Well I better cut it short, I want to read a few chapters and do my studies before going to bed, so take care!

Steph~


No comments:

Post a Comment