Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Report 135: New Years! And 2012-2013 goals reflection!

There is this theory, in NaNoLand, that the more busy you are the more achievement you make. In 2012 I had a few writing goals, and I can say I achieve a lot of them. THough I am ashamed of myself since I only work on the one that is consider easy. I work hard on my revision, that is true. But I could do a lot more. I could work a lot more on it. Ever since I started University I have been very busy, and the writing kind off took a stop.

This year, I am still not sure or have a good...idea structure I guess. I have three class this semester and they are taking most of my time. But I want to edit and post some of my stories I wrote for NaNoWriMo 2012, and to go back on my novel revision. I will have to reread basically everything to go back to the stage I left, but it be fine. I actually had a dream that make a better ending then the one I originally had. And I probably will try to make a few more scenes. Since I know that my Ghost story is about Daniel discovering he is Half ghost in the private institute for Ghost Trackers. However, I don't really know how to proceed with the school part of it. Or even how to make the evil bad guy a bad guy. ( except you know the part where Gregory( bad guy) is actually sucking the souls of everyone.)

It still could do a lot more work for me to be able to write it properly since I kind off just jump in it with out a good grasp of the back story. And the back story is actually important. Some what. To make sense of everything else anyway. There is also the problem of, because I am taking so much long brakes between revision I have a more longer time to brainstorm and change my mind. Which both sucks, and amaze me. Since I came up with much better idea everything, but sucks since it basically change the whole story all over again. I'm sticking with the original story I wrote in pen fro the first time. Since it is the story I originate and liked, and using my other brilliant idea for sequel of some sort. Because hell if Ghost exist in these world, there is bound to be more magical creature in existence am I right? Right.

In other note, my boyfriend is going to apply for the work force ( as a cook) and we are thinking of moving again, meaning that my studies will be either on hold or transferred again. Its just...complicated. I wanted, when I apply to UPEI, to get a degree in English like that I be a better writer. I took some Psychology classes and I just had the misfortune to tell my family that I really enjoy Psychology and now, well, everyone is on my back about time, and deciding what I really really want to do with my life and about money,loan and a bunch of crap. MY main goal when I apply was to get better in English. Yes I enjoy Psychology immensely, but it is not for me. One, I can't even read about the nano transmitter and drugs effect with out having a small panic attack, less studying it for the rest of my life. I don't think they understand the concept of emetophobia.

But anyway, my point is, if we do move back in New Brunswick, I don't know if I should continue my study in English language, or go to the workforce and work on my novel. Since I did get better in english amazingly, but I still have a lot of work to do. A Lot.

OMG did you know that my Microsoft word document always automatically change my 'a lot' to 'alot'! It drives me crazy!

Anyway, (/cough cough) I still have time to brainstorm. I will talk about it with scott and see his opinion.

Except for that, my holiday was good! We surprised my mother from coming home earlier then planned ( much earlier) it was fun, made her day. I had a lot of great gift! Teen wolf season 1 in the shelf and a giant owl pillow :D I also received a lot of books and a gift certificate for Chapters ( that I used the next day for Cecelia Ahern recent books I was missing YES). I hope everyone had a great Holiday and New Year! I will be changing my goals page soon and also talk about my classes! My English Linguistic teach is AMAZING! People probably think she is on the side of crazy but I love her, oh my god.

Take care!

Steph :D

No comments:

Post a Comment